Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Christmas in August?

It is August and yes, I am thinking about Christmas. I've actually been thinking for a while about it, I just have not had the chance to blog about it. As I fell over a toy for the zillionth time the other day I decided that the boys had too many toys. They don't need any more toys and certainly not toys that are loud an obnoxious.

I tried to make my own toys/gifts for Christmas last year and it kinda worked out, but not like I had hoped. I didn't get nearly everything done and this year I vowed to start sooner. Then Sweet Pickles got sick and life was put on hold. I did finally manage to finish making pillows for my sister that were supposed to be her Christmas gift almost 2 years ago. I just gave them to her the other day while they were in town visiting. I forgot to take a picture of them, but they were really nice.

I have lots of ideas of things I'd like to make for Christmas gifts. Alphabet bean bags, number bean bags, softies, card table play houses, pillow pets. I just need to sit down and figure out who is getting what and then get started. I think that will be my goal for the week. I'd like to post them on here so I won't lose my silly piece of paper with my list, but then my sister would know what her kids are getting .....errrrr....... supposed to be getting for Christmas. Think she can keep a secret?

No comments: