Saturday, May 15, 2010

Summer is Coming

Before you know it, summer will be here. Dill Pickles does best with structure, structure, structure. Can I say it again? Structure. Lazy days of laying around doing nothing turns into meltdown after meltdown round these parts. So far we have 3 things planned for the summer; our usual weekly OT session, a new weekly group OT session and free bowling from Kids Bowl Free. Ok, that will take up about 9 hours of our week. What do do with the other 159 hours left in the week? I'm not so sure yet. We're looking into a 2.5 hour day camp program. It's so close to summer though I'm don't know if they have any spaces left. Of course we have the summer reading program at our local library that kicks off June 14th. This year's theme is Reading is Art-Rageous. I found this weekly meme and I thought it would be fun to try and participate. We'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

kcmom2four said...

Sounds like you have a good start to a plan! I'm planning to sign all four of mine up for the summer reading program here too. They can earn free books and maybe it will keep me motivated to keep the big guys reading. My big guys might go to church camp(if I'm not too late with the registration after being sick for two weeks). We have weekly speech and ot and biweekly pt. I'm going to try and get them over to see my Dad and Grandpa(both live in our town) for some visits....lets see....the free farmstead across the state line and I don't know what else. I should check into the kids bowl free thing...I wonder if I can still find the little card that came home??? Ah well....let me know how stArt goes...

Mama Pickles said...

Check out the web site kidsbowlfree.com That is how I signed up.