Saturday, June 13, 2009


Dill Pickles read his first book out loud tonight! He was so proud of himself. The book was "Blue Hat, Green Hat" by Sandra Boynton. We used to read this book all of the time, but then it was pushed to the back of the bookcase. The Pickles took a trip to Wisconsin Dells for a few days so I grabbed a few books that we hadn't read in a while. Blue Hat, Green Hat was one of them. I read the book maybe 4 times in the past few days. This afternoon Dill Pickles wanted to read it before nap time. I wanted to challenge him, so I told him to read it to me. Dill did ok, but he needed some help. Tonight before bed, Dill wanted to read it again, but he said he wanted Daddy Pickles to listen. So I got Daddy Pickles and Dill pickles read the whole book by himself! No, he didn't read the words, but he it's a very repetitive book and he looked at the pictures. I hope this is the beginning of a life long love of reading!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

that's my favorite book by that author! Next I like the book, "Doggies".